Frequently Asked Questions and Event Information
We have built this page to provide as much information as possible about various aspects of Wings and Wheels 4 PAWS. If you have questions that are not answered here and need further information, please contact the following:
- For general event questions: Bill Sykes email email@example.com, phone 434.825.5435 mobile
- For car show questions: Dave Eames, email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 434.962.7316
Is there an admission fee? Yes, we are asking for a donation of $10.00 per carload
Are there any other fees? No.
What is the Car Show Registration Fee? Car show registration fee is $20.00 on the day of the event, no advance registration.
What is the Pilot Landing Fee? Pilot landing fee is $20.
Will food be available? Yes. We are asking for donations in lieu of selling lunch – please donate generously! Food will be available from about 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM
Will there be shade available? Yes, there will be some canopies at the site. Guests are encouraged to bring sunscreen and lawn chairs
Can people bring dogs? Yes, well-behaved dogs on leashes are welcome. We ask that owners clean up after their dogs (there will be a “doggie comfort station” available). And especially important, dogs must not be permitted to jump on any of the cars. We will establish a canine free zone to ensure that dogs are kept well away from the Car Show cars.
Do you have to be present to win in the raffle? No, we will contact winners who are not present when the drawings are made. Prize drawings will occur about 2 PM
What is People’s Choice Voting about? Anyone at the event, including car owners, may cast a vote or votes for their favorite car. All cars will have a number assigned. Votes are $1.00 per vote. If you wish to vote, go to Event Central, pick up a ballot, and pay for the number of votes you wish to cast on that ballot. If you want to vote for more than one car, please use a separate ballot for each. Additional ballots will be available at Event Central.
Is there a schedule of events? Listed below is an approximate schedule for the various activities over the course of the event:
- Model Aviation Activity: Various types of activity will be ongoing throughout the course of the event. Activities will include trainer flight opportunities, aerobatic demonstrations, First Person View (FPV) demonstrations, drone racing activity, and others.
- Full Size Airplane Flybys: We have tentative arrangement for one full size airplane flyby, subject to weather and/or other considerations. It is tentatively scheduled for 11 AM. We will announce time so all will be able to see this impressive airplane.
- Car Show: Participants may bring their cars in any time after 10 AM. Please note that participants wishing to have their cars eligible for trophies and the Best in Show award must be registered by 1:30 PM sharp – no exceptions! Judging will be accomplished throughout the day as owners advise their cars are ready, and the awards ceremony will take place about 2:30 PM. A more detailed handout, dash plaque, windshield placard, and other information will be given to all car show entrants as they arrive.
- 99.7 CYK Live Remote Broadcast: The 99.7 CYK “Big Hoss” will be broadcasting live from WW4PAWS between approximately 11 AM and 1 PM.
- Live Music and Clogging Demonstrations: The 2 Wishes musical duo will play two sets of their delightful music (if you have a song you know and want to do some singing, Mike can probably play it!) and the Skyline Country Cloggers will put on clogging demonstration. These entertaining activities will alternate between approximately 10:30 and 2:00
- Awards/Raffle Drawings: Raffle drawings will take place soon after lunch ends, around 2. The event will conclude with car show trophy presentations immediately following raffle drawings.
Vendor Setup: The field will be open for vendor setup no later than 7:30 AM