Frequently Asked Questions and Event Information
We have built this page to provide as much information as possible about various aspects of Wings and Wheels 4 PAWS. If you have questions that are not answered here and need further information, please contact the following:
- For general event questions: Bill Sykes email email@example.com, phone 434.825.5435 mobile
- For car show questions: Dave Eames, email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 434.962.7316
Is there an admission fee? Yes, we are asking for a donation of $10.00 per carload
Are there any other fees? No.
What is the Car Show Registration Fee? Car show registration fee is $20.00 on the day of the event, no advance registration.
Will food be available? Yes. The club will provide hot dogs, hamburgers/cheeseburgers, snacks and drinks. We will be asking for donations in lieu of selling food. Food will be available from about 11 AM to 2 PM
Will there be shade available? Yes, there will be some canopies at the site. Guests are encouraged to bring sunscreen and lawn chairs
Can people bring dogs? Yes, well-behaved dogs on leashes are welcome. We ask that owners clean up after their dogs (there will be a “doggie comfort station” available). And especially important, dogs must not be permitted to jump on any of the cars. We will establish a canine free zone to ensure that dogs are kept well away from the Car Show cars.
Do you have to be present to win in the raffle? No, we will contact winners who are not present when the drawings are made. Prize drawings will occur about 3:00 PM
What is People’s Choice Voting about? Anyone at the event, including car and flying machine owners, may cast a vote or votes for their favorite car and flying machine. All cars and flying machines will have a number assigned. Votes are $1.00 per vote. If you wish to vote, go to Event Central, pick up a ballot, and pay for the number of votes you wish to cast on that ballot. If you want to vote for more than one car or flying machine, please use a separate ballot for each. Additional ballots will be available at Event Central.
Is there a schedule of events? Listed below is an approximate schedule for the various activities over the course of the event:
- Model Aviation Activity: Various types of activity will be ongoing throughout the course of the event. Activities will include trainer flight opportunities, aerobatic demonstrations, First Person View (FPV) demonstrations, and others.
- Car Show: Participants may bring their cars in any time after 9 AM. Please note that participants wishing to have their cars eligible for trophies and the Best in Show award must be registered by 1:30 PM sharp – no exceptions! Judging will be accomplished throughout the day as owners advise their cars are ready, and the awards ceremony will take place about 2:30 PM. A more detailed handout, dash plaque, windshield placard, and other information will be given to all car show entrants as they arrive.
- Amazing Dog Acrobatics: There will be two one-half hour exhibitions by the amazing acrobatic Frisbee Dogs from Dare Devil Dogs. Approximate times 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM.
- Hit Kicker 99.7 Live Remote Broadcast: The Hit Kicker 99.7 “Big Hoss” will be broadcasting live from WW4PAWS between approximately 11 AM and 1 PM.
- Awards/Raffle Drawings: Trophies for car show winners will be awarded soon after judging is complete, around 2:00 to 2:30 PM. Raffle drawings will take place immediately following.
Vendor Setup: The field will be open for vendor setup no later than 7:30 AM